Hello there! Hope ya’ll had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. I know I did. I had time to make this cute wreath (while my husband slaved away in the backyard doing massive amounts of manual labor AKA building a fence).
Since it’s summer and summer screams “MERICA!” (does it? I think so), I think this is perfect for the front door.
Supplies you’ll need:
- 18″ wire wreath
- 18 bandanas: 6 red, 6 white, 6 blue
- some fabric scissors
- star buttons
- hot glue
My star buttons are lost in the mail right now, but I will be gluing some adorable wooden star buttons on the blue section of the wreath once they come in. 😉
Here’s how ya do it:
- Cut each bandana in half, along the fold, so you’ll have 12 of each color.
- Throwback to the 90’s and make a topsy tail out of all the pieces. AKA, make a U shape underneath the wreath, with the solid part on the outside. Wrap each end (2) on top of the wreath and through the loop.
- Alternate the red and white pieces, keeping them SUPER tight to each other.
- Once you’re done with the red and white bandanas, add all of the blue ones.
- Hot glue on some wooden star buttons to the blue parts. I got mine on Amazon, but they aren’t here yet.
- ENJOY! YAY, AMERICA!
Easy peasy, and oh so cute (and cheap). You could use this technique with different types of fabric and buttons/flowers/bows.