I am a long-time fan of Tarte. I love that they use natural ingredients, their packaging choices, their seasonal launches, their branding… pretty much everything. I have a couple of their palettes already and have always been pleased.
They released the Tartelette ‘In Bloom’ palette a while back and I have been FIGHTING the urge to buy this. Mainly because I have waaaaayy too many neutral eye palettes, and my husband may kill me if I buy more. That was before Tarte had a sale, duh. And I am alive to tell you about it!
I snagged this beauty while Tarte was holding their Friends & Family Sale (30% off) and I am OH SO HAPPY that I did. She’s pretty, guys. And it smells like chocolate! I thought that was a Too Faced thing but I’m not complaining.
Here are some (bad) swatches by row:
I decided to play with it today and create this fun/dramatic/everyday eye look. I am all about that smoky and shimmery eye pretty much daily. Hey, if you are going to wear makeup, then wear the makeup, baby!
This palette’s pigmentation is ON POINT and it is incredibly buttery and wonderful in every single way. So happy to have this.
I used a few other fav products today, too. Keep on readin for how I got this look here:
Believe it or not, I started with my naked face. Yikes, not so cute.
I applied the following products to my face next before moving to the eyes:
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Light
- Nyx HD concealer in Fair
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer (new product and I am in love)
- MAC Peaches blush – an oldie but a goodie for sure
- Nyx brow pomade gel in Blonde
Please excuse my hair. She cannot be tamed.
Now to the fun stuff… they eyes! Here are the products I used:
- Nars eye primer
- Tarte ‘In Bloom’ palette (swoooooon)
- Nyx matte black liquid liner
- Ardell Demi Wispies
- Duo clear lash glue
- Benefit roller lash
- MAC eyeliner in Fascinating (white, as a base for the inner corner highlight)
Get the look:
- Apply Charmer to brow bone and to set primer all over lid. Also makes blending easier
- Apply Sweetheart as transition color to the crease with a fluffy brush
- Add Rebel to the crease under Sweetheart – love this shade!
- Deepen the outer corner with Leader
- Wet your brush with Fix+ and mix Firecracker and Funny Girl (both GORGEOUS colors) and apply to inner lid
- Put white eyeliner pencil on the inner tearduct/corner and then top with Funny Girl – this makes it pop more, especially if you are pale like me
- Deepen up the lash line and outer corner as needed with Activist (optional step)
Moment of silence for my beloved Peaches blush with a huge chunk missing…
Hope you enjoyed this look. Do you have this palette? If not, are you going to buy it? I support you.